Monday, September 3, 2007

1st Baseball Game

On Sunday Sept 2 we took Owen to his very first Blue Jays game. As you can see, Owen was so excited about the prospect of going, that he fell asleep during his lunch. After letting him have a very quick snooze, we suited him up, packed the lunch he didn't eat and made our way down to the Dome...or Rogers Centre, whatever the thing is called now.















Andrew got us great seats. They were cushioned and luckily we were in the shade the whole time. It was a beautiful clear day so the dome was open. Also, I didn't have anyone sitting next to me so I could stow all of our gear there...















Owen had a great time. He especially enjoyed the hecklers. He'd always look for the loudmouths and smile in their direction.



I don't know if you can tell, but Owen is wearing a baseball inspired outfit...another hand-me-down from the Hansons - THANKS!












Also, I forgot to mention that Owen is really into clapping his hands. This is super cute while in the privacy of our home, but it was even cuter when his urge to clap coincided with a good play and the whole Dome cheered.


I'm pretty sure that Owen's cheering helped the Jays win that day. You'll have to ask Andrew what the score was though - I wasn't paying too much attention to the game.

2 comments:

doodleandhoob said...

Okay, so those pictures of Owen clapping were taken on the very same day that Milo first learned to clap while watching the RCMP Musical Ride at this Big E state fair thing. Apparently Milo needed a whole stadium of people doing it to finally get the picture. Your kid is 10 months ahead of my kid! Let's see who fist pumps first!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.